During the last few days of my hospitalization, my official Facebook page was hacked into and before we could do anything, all administrators were removed. The hacker stole the page and is now doing two things -
- Slamming the page with random images to establish a history and try and claim the page as theirs
- Messaging fans and asking for money!
Please do NOT fall victim! Facebook is refusing to remove the page and is doing nothing to help us get it back. You would think being verified by FB would hold some power but no. They seem to want to support the existence of hackers because it continues to make them money.
Lucie has set up a new page for me while we deal with this; please follow and like the page so we can migrate everyone over to a safe page:
You should also follow her page, just in case: https://www.facebook.com/luciejgrimm/
Between the two pages, you will stay up to date on everything going on.
As a personal favor, I am also asking you to do a couple things;
- Please let fans on the original page know that it is no longer me! Let them know it has been hacked. The hacker has blocked me so I can no longer get on the page. You can use this image under each comment.
- Please share my new page with your friends or invite them to the page. Here is a screen shot of how to do that. Just click on the three dots and select invite friends. It will go to a screen allowing you to select your friends and sending an invite.
3. Please report the old page! Help me take it down! I want to protect my fans and make the page un-usable for the hacker. If I can't use it, they don't get to.. Click on the same three dots, then select pretending to be something, select a business, type in Michael Grimm Music 2 (it helps to like the page first).
If you so choose, you can also REPORT PROFILE, then pick FAKE PAGE, then SUBMIT.
Thank you in advance for that. I have had several people give me their two cents on who they think the hacker is. We are now trying to find a lawyer that can assist us. We have turned to the media to help spread the word.
If you can report it a few times, we stand a better chance of facebook flagging it. Once you feel like you are happy with your efforts, I would HIGHLY recommend unfollowing the page!
I hope it gets fixed, but if it doesn't, at least we can move forward on the new page. Unfortunate that I have to loose my fan base and the celebrity verified status.
Thank you all for your help with this. It is the last thing we thought we would be dealing with right now.